Friday, June 1, 2012

Blog 27: Senior Project Reflection

 
(1) Positive Statement
I am most proud of the effort I put into my presentation. I put a good 20 hours of work into my presentation. I spent a lot of time on making posters, planning my activities, designing my powerpoint, and drafting out what I want to say. Because of this my activities ran smoothly, my powerpoint was easy to understand, I was able to make talking time and I didn't choke at all during my presentation.

I'm proud of being able to make talking time without any struggle. It really proved that I did learn a lot during my senior project.





(2) Questions to Consider
What assessment would you give yourself on your 2-Hour Presentation (self-assessment)? Why?
     I would honestly give myself a AE-/P+. I met all of the requirements and put A LOT of effore into my presentation. My presentation went well and my activities were interactive. All of the information I presented showed quality research.




b. What assessment would you give yourself on your overall senior project (self-assessment)? Why?
P-, I did well on some components, and not so well on others.



(3) What worked for you in your senior project?
My research worked out the best. I developed a system of finding new articles which helped me find good research. I also managed to get interviews with very successful international business people.


(4) What didn’t work for you in your senior project?
Finding service learning was a challenge. It was hard to find a business that would want a 17 year old to shadow them from 50 hours. But I eventually found an international real estate agency, which was good service learning because my mentor was able to teach me A LOT.


(5) Finding Value
The senior project has helped my with my time management skills and learning to not procratinate. These assignemtns were big projects that couldn't be waited on for the last minute... especially Independent Components, I-Search, and the 2 Hour Presentation.
Also it helped me confirm my college major of Economics. At the beginning of the year I wanted to major in International Business, but I learned that business is not the best major that I could take in order to be a successful international business person.
I learn A LOT about my topic of interest and I know I can understand international business better. Now when I read the Wall Street Journal, Forbes, or the Economist I have an idea for what they are saying :)

No comments:

Post a Comment